Your VIBE PROJECT
In creating the YOUR VIBE PROJECT, evidence & experience has been drawn upon from three approaches:
- Facilitators personal lived experiences
- Coaching & mentoring philosophy
- Principles of cognitive behavioural therapy
Children & young people can often struggle to make sense of life events and can lack the emotional intelligence and self-awareness to understand either themselves or their behaviour patterns. For this purpose, the approaches outlined above have been incorporated within this group based project because:
Evidence shows that structured group work with peers is an effective way for children & young people to unlock, challenge and understand their experiences.
- Allows participants to relate and discuss with others in a similar situation with shared characteristics
- Provides an opportunity, often for the first time, for participants to be honest about life events
- Allows participants to test and work within boundaries and limits that are set at the very beginning of the group
- Encourages participants to identify and share their hurdles and to motivate them to consider options post project.
- Encourages participants to work together to achieve common goals.